NVIDIA has started rolling out the 3rd major software update to its Shield Tablet. And by using the word ‘major,’ it could only mean an upgrade to its base Android version as well – Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Along with the Lollipop treat, the Shield Software Upgrade 3.0 also includes improvements on the tablet’s display, audio, camera, sensors, and more. Read the full change log below:
- Improved performance and responsiveness.
- Enhanced security, including support for Android for Work.
- Improved quick-settings menu, profile management etc.
- Improved display performance
- Enabled Global Tone Mapping feature. This feature can be toggled by the user.
- New firmware update for SHIELD controller
- Improved pairing experience and other optimizations
- System wide improvements including camera, audio, modem (LTE only) and other fixes
You can get the update by going to settings/about device/software update. And like we always say, don’t forget to charge your device to at least 60% before proceeding with the update. Enjoy your treat!